Tuesday, November 14, 2006

No-knead bread


  • I've been trying to perfect the New York Times No-Knead Bread recipe, which is about the simplest recipe I've ever seen for bread!

    The stages shown here are the:
    1. original quick mixed dough with my previous loaf shown to the left of the bowl,
    2. dough after sitting for twelve hours,
    3. dough covered in plastic wrap ready to sit for 15 minutes, and
    4. dough tipped into the preheated so-hot-it-burns-through-the-oven-mits casserole pot.


    I've used spelt flour in place of regular flour which I think is playing with the moisture content (I've reduced the water, but need to reduce it further), and polenta for the crust, which works beautifully.

    I'll report back when this loaf comes out of the oven!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: