Monday, April 30, 2007

Pasta sauce

And here are the final fruits of the summer garden - minus a few tomatoes and zuchinis that are still ripening, and the pumpkins that are still green.

I chopped them all up with a couple of onions, some garlic, grated carrot, mince, TVP and some extra tinned tomatoes and tossed them in the slow cooker to produce a pasta sauce.

Tonight, I served it layered with bechamel sauce in a lasagne. The TVP gives it a bland flavour, so it wasn't one of my favourites, and it's possible the celery was a little too strong.

I also had my first visit with the midwife from the birth centre. It's the same midwife who assisted at Jessica's birth, and very kindly did Jessica's check-up so I didn't need to see a GP or drive down to the birth centre. Unfortunately, the birth centre is no longer allowing home births so unless I can lobby hard and fast, she won't be able to attend me for the birth :(.

If you're that way inclined, please pray that our state health insurers decide that homebirthing is an acceptable insurance risk!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: