Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Brave kitten!


Paint and Play was not for the faint hearted today, at a chilly 7 degrees (about 44 degrees f) with a brisk breeze. I hadn't anticipated the freezing weather (it was warm in our centrally heated house!) so didn't dress Ginger Rose or myself appropriately - she didn't notice at all, but I was crossing my legs and trying to tuck my hands under my arms within minutes!

I thought this kitten's visit was worth recording. What self-respecting feline would actually cross a road and voluntarily walk through a fence into a children's playground *full* of children?! This young cat was happy to be admired and stroked by Ginger Rose and her friend, but did have a playful attack and scratch that startled the children.

There are often young cats around the playground, and this is not the first time they've come to Paint and Play - but it still strikes me as bizarre behaviour for animals that usually keep a safe distance from toddlers!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: