Sunday, September 30, 2007

New baby photos

I'm still working on neatening up the immediately post-birth photos (a little too much of my bare flesh in most of them!). Here is Ginger Ninja having his first hold straight after we arrived home from the birth centre. Ginger Ninja bought the beautiful booties because he wanted to get something "practical" for the new baby, while the other children bought soft toys.
Unfortunately, we had a scare. Later in the afternoon the baby wasn't able to dislodge some mucous and turned blue and choked. It was very scary. He's been possetting and throwing up a lot, so we've taken it in shifts to stay up with him - well, by staying up, I mean he sleeps and we stay up!

Special thanks to Auntie C who must have anticipated our needs - I thought we'd only need a couple of 000 outfits, but with all the vomitting we've already exhausted my supplies of 000 gear and bunny rugs!
Possum having his first hold. Usually the children are nursing their babies a little earlier, but with the choking episode we've been a little cautious.
Grandma E has been wonderful. She drove down Friday night just in time to be here to help out while I was in labour Saturday morning, then she followed us to the birth centre an hour later to bring the children to meet the baby!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OOoh - congratulations!

I stumbled on your blog from the knitting blogs I think - gotta love a new baby.

I actually have buckets of 000 clothes I don't need - let me know if you want a bag full. ( I think you're in the same city - I'm northside - I could drop a bag at the doorstep - I need to clear them out!)

cpwork @ gmail