Saturday, May 23, 2009

Earthbox Brassicas

This is my first try with a "real" Earth Box, and I'm pretty happy with it! Grandad B donated some brassica seedlings so I planted 2 each of broccoli, cauliflower and brussel sprouts.
There have been some grub issues - I have to remove the green catterpillars almost daily or they take over - but I've been otherwise impressed with how healthy they are.
Both broccoli plants have well established heads and secondary heads developing below. I'm not counting my chickens too early, but am quietly confident that Earth Box gardening may be the way to go for our family!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Gma said...

Oh I'm SOOO impressed Kris. YUM! Should be ready to eat by the time I visit! xx

Greenscaper said...

Much good luck with your EarthBox. Thanks for posting the pics. Others will benefit from them.