Saturday, November 29, 2008

Garden update

Now that the camera has been re-discovered (hiding in my Ergo baby carrier pocket) I can do some more updates!
 I'm feeling quietly pleased with this year's garden. We've got just a few more shoots to eat off the broccoli (front) with a plant a day going to the chooks, the celery is a good strong colour and ready for eating and juicing, and the beans are finally flowering after good early growth then a hiatus.
I cut a potato into six pieces, hoping a couple would grow, and have been thrilled to find all six growing strongly. I've been building up the ground over them with mulch, compost and some cow manure so I'm hoping harvesting won't be too much digging.
And look - my first actual growing zucchinis! 
I'm feeling quite hopeful about the vine plot - I have flowers on rockmelons, mini-pumpkins and the zucchini, with strong growth from the butternut and jarrah pumpkins.
And the first blush from the boysenberries!






1 comment:

Gma said...

Ooh darling, just SOOO impressive. It all looks yummy too. That celery....mmmmmm XXX