Saturday, December 06, 2008

Yoghurt Cake

I had to dig through my cupboard to find the book containing this recipe, so thought I'd post it here for easy reference. It's such a quick and easy cake to whip up, and we always have the ingredients handy.

Preheat oven to 170C (for my fan forced oven, this works well) and grease and line a cake tin.

Toss into the blender:

250ml vegetable oil
160g sugar

and blend. Add:

225g yoghurt and mix again. Add:

2 eggs
225g self-raising flour
2 tsp vanilla

and blend again, using a spatula to mix in the flour if necessary.

Spoon into the cake tin and bake for 50 - 55 minutes. Cool then sprinkle with icing sugar to serve.

Serves 2 adults and 5 children for afternoon tea with one slice left over :).

2 comments:

MrsT said...

Thanks! I have been wanting this recipe for ages. I might try and make it next week! Have you ever done it with GF flour?

Domestic Adventuress said...

Sorry - I've only used wheat flour because it's on my "very quick to make" list that I don't play around with! But I think it's a pretty resilient recipe, so worth trying!

Do you have an Easiyo for yoghurt yet?