Thursday, May 11, 2006

Psssst - wanna hear a secret?

We're hoping to start baking another baby later this year! Woohoo - I'm so excited I could burst! I hate delayed gratification, but I also much prefer having a child on the older end of the school year, so I'm just going to make this feel like one looooong pregnancy!

Today was a typically hectic day - big kids to school, playgroup with Bubs, lunch with Michael, home for Bub's sleep, out to pick up Possum and Briar Rose, home for changing and snacks, into the car to drop Possum at district basketball try-outs, Briar Rose to basketball training, Bubs and I to the supermarket, then back to collect Briar Rose, then home to check that Ginger Ninja's homework and practice have been finished while we were out. Then dinner - of course, my 3rd or 4th stick blender for the year chose tonight to die, leaving me attempting to blend tomato, spinach and lentil soup in the blender - with a resulting enormous mess cause by boiling hot soup bursting at high velocity against the tiles and windows. Ugh.

Set the table and attempted to arrange freshly bathed children decoratively around the edges, but had to leave to put Bubs to bed. Returned in time to have soup en famille, before serving chops and three veg.

It's now 8.47pm and all children are in bed. At least one is asleep. Clearly, I have too much time on my hands :).

No comments: