Saturday, June 07, 2008

Cross country finals

Briar Rose made it through to the state finals for cross country. She was sick with a cough and cold the night before the race (sick enough to skip dinner at a favourite restaurant), so I didn't think we'd make it there - but she was determined!
She was the only girl from her school in her race, and we were a bit unsure about warming up (at the zone carnival the teachers warmed them up), but Ginger Rose kept her company and we did our best.
And they're off!
It was a fast race, and Briar Rose was well back but still ran well. Unfortunately, Ginger Rose distracted me so I forgot my camera for the finish.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Gma said...

OOh Issie, I'm so proud of you. Well done. Congratulations on finishing the whole run even though you'd been sick. XXXX