Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Cross country

Briar Rose made it onto the school cross country team this year, and spent this morning at her first zone carnival.
The girls took their pre-run briefing very seriously. It's just a shame somebody forgot to pack the Size S athletic tops! As you can see, Briar Rose's top is pretty much knee-length.
Warm ups were absolutely essential as it was ridiculously cold down by the lake. The children were quite happy in their athletics gear, but the watching parents were wearing serious winter clothing!
I'm missing my camera, but was so excited to see Briar Rose in the first bunch of runners home that I probably would have forgotten to point and shoot anyway! She came a very respectable 5th place, so we'll be off to the State Cross Country sometime later in the season. To my embarrassment, I didn't think she would be running so well and couldn't quite believe it was her until she was almost past me!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Gma said...

Great running Issie. Congratulations. Wotta champ.
All my love to you all XXX

MrsT said...

WOW what a fantastic achievement Briar Rose!