Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Autumn woollies

The cold autumn mornings are making me glad the Little Prince has some warm woollen clothing to wear. The size 9 month side buttoning cardigan I knitted has a little too much length in the arms, and the buttons aren't positioned very practically! Next time I'll be happy to just button down the front - but it's nice and warm and the colour suits him nicely.

Unfortunately the leggings that I thought had plenty of length have shrunk up since knitting - and his legs have grown. By the time I knitted to the bottom of the legs I was just so thrilled to be close to finishing the project that the thought of knitting a spare inch or two just in case seemed a silly idea. Next time I will be more generous with the leg length because I can always roll them up.
This morning we're wearing Grandma L's hand-spun, dyed and knitted jumper and the too-short leggings over a wondersuit. The little jumper has just the perfect arm length and the length will just see it htrough winter.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: