Saturday, April 19, 2008

Sourdough phases

I've been trying to grow a sourdough starter, and hope I have the hang of it! I've used a wholemeal spelt flour, but the real improvement seems to have come from adding six seedless grapes for the first three days.
Here is it shortly after feeding. It's supposed to bubble after half and hour of feeding, but mine is still a little slow. Last night I transferred it to a new jar after feeding and there was no sign of life after half an hour, which was a concern.
But it seems to be bubbling away nicely this morning! I hope to try using it for the first time tomorrow in a batter recipe.

1 comment:

Erica said...

I've been working at this too! I have to get another bag of organic raisins, and start another.

I love your blog, BTW! Your little boy is adorable and I'm green with envy over his adorable wool!!

I'm gonna tag you too, since I was tagged a while back :) HAHA! Take a look at my blog for details.

Take care :) Erica