Sunday, April 13, 2008

Leftover lamb bake

I baked an enormous shoulder of lamb last week, and still have leftovers. Today I invented a bake that seems popular so worth recording:

Saute a finely chopped onion and 2 cloves garlic in olive oil
Mince about 3 cups of leftover lamb roast and add to saute pan
Add 1 1/2c cooked peas, 1c of gravy and enough water to make a pie consistency.
Smooth mixture into a baking dish and top with a mix of grated cheese and crumbs (I used crust from a spelt loaf).
Bake in a hot oven until topping is golden and crisp.

This blog has been unattended for a while as Possum misplaced my memory card and camera charger while in Hawaii. I now have the camera working but still can't move the photos onto my computer - so frustrating!

1 comment:

Gma said...

YUMMMMM! The only problem is the original lamb and the mincer. You are amazing as you seem to have everything! Waiting for those photos. Love XXXX